LOS ANGELES (January 2020) – Fisker Inc. – designer and manufacturer of the world’s most emotion-stirring, eco-friendly electric vehicles and advanced mobility solutions – is revealing new dimension figures and images on the heels of the all-electric luxury SUV’s grand global debut at Consumer Electronics Show 2020, during the launching Henrik Fisker, chairman and CEO – Fisker Inc. pointed out:
“As the world’s first all-digital car company – aimed at shifting the paradigm on how a customer selects, test drives, services and experiences a vehicle – we’re humbled and delighted at the overwhelmingly positive response to the Fisker Ocean, our disruptive mobile app-based brand experience, our smarter business model approach and the emotionally-compelling design of the vehicle itself. The Ocean’s debut at CES created real excitement in every corner of the globe, reflected by some of the top show honors presented to Fisker – including those from TIME Magazine, Business Insider, Mashable and many more prominent entities.”
Big Space. Big Screens. Big Experiences.
The Fisker Ocean experience is characterized by a sense of freedom, fun and luxury – complemented by off-road capability and superior utility.
Dramatic Dimensions: At 4,640 millimeters (182.7 inches) in length, 1,930 millimeters (76 inches) in width and 1,615 millimeters (63.6 inches) in height, the all-electric luxury SUV offers a spacious environment for both front and rear passengers. With thoughtful design touches, new spaces are created for five adults to sit comfortably – even during the longest of rides.
Foresight: A state-of-the-art heads-up display integrated into the windshield will be complemented by a large 16-inch center touch screen and a 9.8-inch cluster screen. From augmented reality features to haptic touch buttons and immersive digital experiences, the vehicle offers impressive visuals all around.
Charging and Range: The Fisker Ocean features a CCS Type 2 Combo plug – enabling the vehicle to be charged through any stations that leverage technology in line with the latest in international standards.In North America, Fisker Ocean vehicles will be automatically recognized by Electrify America’s charging stations – allowing for simple charging, automatic release and automatic payments.
Fisker will offer a free miles package with each vehicle, allowing for a certain amount of complimentary charging. Additional details on charging packages will be shared later in 2020.The vehicle is equipped with a fully sourced, validated and tested state-of-the-art battery – with +80 kWh capacity and a range of up to 300 miles (depending on driving conditions).More than 200 miles of range can be delivered from 30 minutes of charging for the Fisker Ocean (15% capacity to 80% capacity). Electrify America’s 150 kW chargers can charge capable vehicles up to 20 miles per minute.
The World’s Most Sustainable Vehicle – From the Inside-Out.
Fisker Inc. believes that the industry should stop looking at innovation superficially and start taking responsibility for its products, end-to-end – giving customers the opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable future. Some of the Fisker Ocean’s features include (not limited to):
- Full-length solar roof:
- Supporting the car's electric power source, boosting fuel efficiency and lowering carbon dioxide emissions. Result: 1000 free, clean miles per year.
- As the technology evolves, Fisker will feature integrated hardware solutions for better energy yields and more free, clean miles per year.
- Fully recycled carpeting:
- Made from regenerated nylon, which is made from abandoned fishing net waste – pulled from the oceans and aquaculture.
- Vegan interior:
- 100% Polycarbonate Polyurethane surfaces and 100% reinforced Rayon backing.
- Meets stringent chemical emission limits for various VOCs (such as Formaldehyde).
- Eco-suede: interior textures and patterns:
- Dinamica: Derived from polyester fibers (T-shirts, fibers) and recycled bottles, plastic, etc.
- Recycling polyester means reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions into the atmosphere by 80% compared to the traditional petrol-based polyester production process.
- Eco-sustainability, as well as the lowest levels of polluting emissions and energy consumption, are guaranteed throughout the whole production cycle.
- Repurposing rubber waste:
- Fisker will utilize discarded rubber waste generated during tire manufacturing that will no longer be dumped in landfills.
- Recycling saves impressive amounts of energy, which ultimately reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
More technical specifications and details on manufacturing strategy will be shared at Geneva Motor Show 2020. The Fisker Ocean is targeted to begin production at the end of 2021 – with the first high-volume deliveries projected for 2022.
Please read the interview with the Founder Dr. Geeta Fisker here.
electric vehicles / Fisker Inc / sustainable vehicle / suv / vehicle