Harmful chemicals are everywhere, in food, soaps, shower gels, and dishwashing soaps. In order to save money and preserve health, it is recommended to treat plates, cups, and other kitchen utensils with hand-made dishwasher soap and rinse aid.
Features of the composition
Modern kitchen utensils are made up of the following components:
- The main purpose is powder foaming.
- They are essential to facilitate the removal of grease and impurities.
- Liquid softener.
- Expensive products contain sodium silicate. This substance helps to prevent the development of metal corrosion.
For a long time, there was a debate about the effects of these substances on the human body. It has been found that they are indeed dangerous when consumed in large quantities. Still, why risk your health and overpay to manufacturers if you can make soap on your own from those substances that are on the shelf of every housewife?
Recipe # 1 powder and soda
Soda is one of the elements responsible for the formation of a living organism. Its use in a minimal amount has a beneficial effect on its functioning.
This chemical component has the property of cleaning surfaces. The fine powder dissolves perfectly in water, does not scratch the dishes, and does not damage the enamel. Making a baking soda soap with your own hands is quite simple. It requires:
Dissolve 1 teaspoon of fine soda in 1 glass of water. It is required to stir it for 30 seconds. As a result, a cloudy and homogeneous liquid should be obtained.
A small amount of hydrogen peroxide should be added to it. 1 - 1.5 teaspoon is enough.
It is recommended to use the natural composition immediately after preparation so that no sediment appears. Baking soda will do a great job with burning and greasy deposits. It can handle boilers, pans, pots, as well as small dishes and cutlery.
The resulting composition will be very liquid. When using it for a dishwasher, it is imperative to add 1-2 tablespoons of table salt to it.
Recipe # 2 tablets
The best remedies for removing food stains are tablets. To make them at home you will need:
- Baby powder "0+" - 8 teaspoons.
- In relation to this amount, you need to add 1.8 tablespoons of soda and 0.2 dishwashing soap.
- The composition can be adjusted independently by adding filtered water to it. As a result, a vicious consistency should be obtained.
- From the resulting paste, you can make tablets of arbitrary shape.
To handle dishes, the agent should be placed in a special equipment box. It will begin to effectively deal with dirt at temperatures up to 40 degrees.
It is recommended to use baby powder so that the consistency is less aggressive and does not damage the thin enamel.
The resulting dishwasher soap is a cost-effective option. More than 30 tablets of the same type can be prepared, which will fully remove contamination. After finishing processing, you need to thoroughly rinse the dishes with running water.
Recipe # 3 mustard
In the Middle Ages, there were no technologies that are available to us now. Scale, grease, and other types of contamination were cleaned with mustard powder.
It is recommended to use this natural substance for processing dishes, as it foams well and effectively removes food residues from it. To prepare this composition, you should:
- Mustard in the amount of 100 grams must be mixed with the same amount of boron.
- Everything should be moved carefully. As a result, you should get a thick consistency, similar to sour cream.
- Then, baking soda or soda ash must be added to the composition of the thus obtained.
Folk dishwashing soap can be used repeatedly. But, keep it in a dark and inaccessible place.
Recipe # 4 soap
The soap has excellent cleansing, whitening, and foaming properties. To prepare a detergent with this component, you will need:
- Grate the soap through a fine grater. Preferably a baby soap or dish soap. 50-60 grams of slices are enough for one application. It must be dissolved in 1 liter of boiling water. Pour it in evenly, stirring constantly, so that no lumps form.
- The liquid will resemble a viscous jelly. You need to add 50 grams of soda to it.
- Optionally, add 5-6 drops of essential oil. It will create a pleasant scent and add shine.
Next, you need to cool the gel down. This effective composition will quickly deal with the dirt of any complexity. It can also be used for manual or automatic washing.
Recipe # 5 citric acid
There is another universal recipe for making soap. To prepare it, you need to mix the following components:
- soda - 200 g
- borax -150 g
- sodium sulfate -500 g
- citric acid - 100 g
It is necessary to join all the components and move them carefully. This powder can be used to make tablets that will be used to process kitchen utensils in the dishwasher. You can also dilute it with a little water to form a liquid mixture.
Special aspects of the use
In order for the dishes to be clean and fresh after washing, it is necessary not only to properly prepare the product but also to observe all the necessary measures during the implementation of this process.
The mechanism is designed in such a way that the sprays hit from the bottom upwards. Accordingly, the dishes must be placed strictly vertically. Otherwise, streaks or contaminates will remain.
If you are using homemade dishwashing gel, it is recommended that you wash the dishes in a delicate mode.
It only needs to be added to the dispenser. It is strictly forbidden to throw it into the tank.
The soap is added only once before starting work. In the future, it will not be required.
The salt is an exception. It is required to put it in a special filing located at the bottom of the tank.
Without fail, the product must be of similar consistency. There should not be any lumps in it. Such a seemingly banal mistake in most cases leads to clogging of important parts of the mechanism, and subsequently to its breakdown.
After the equipment is finished, it is required to carefully examine the dishes. If there is some bloom remaining on it, then you need to additionally rinse it by hand.
If the product is made in the form of tablets, then you do not need to make them too large, since they may not fit into the filing.
Do not use large quantities of baking soda, as in excess of it, the liquid can thicken in the filing.
There are five of the most effective proven folk remedies recipes for processing kitchen utensils. Why is it worth using a folk invention rather than using a gel that is sold in a store? There are several reasons:
- This is a very cost-effective option. The cost of any homemade product is quite affordable, and it will last for several months.
- If it is over, then you should not run to the store. You can make a cleaning ingredient at any time.
- The composition can be changed independently, depending on your own preferences.
- This is a great option for those housewives who care about their health. She herself will see what is included in it. She will be sure that there are no chemical additives in it.
There are also several disadvantages to using a homemade liquid consistency.
- It is more convenient to use the purchased goods. It is enough to open the cap and pour the required amount of liquid into a specialized filing. Accordingly, the user does not have to spend his personal time making it.
- It is not always possible to invent a quality product. From improperly created composition, plaque may remain or pollution will not wash off well.
- The resulting consistency may not look aesthetically pleasing.
- Some ingredients, such as mustard, often leave an unpleasant odor on the cutlery from the dishwasher.
- The most important disadvantage is the possibility of equipment damage if the composition is not mixed correctly and lumps have formed in it.
Make a homemade dish soap or buy one from the store? There is no exact answer to this question and cannot be. Each hostess will independently determine what is more convenient for her to use, based on personal preferences, the amount of free time, and financial situation.
About the author
Melisa Marzett is a freelance writer who is currently living in Bali and working for "http://resumeperk.com/ for quite some time now. She enjoys writing very much and has always wanted to write. She is much of a traveler and before Bali, she lived in Thailand. She loves new places, meeting new people, and getting new opportunities.
chemicals / dishwater soap / recipe / soap